dimanche 27 avril 2014

Marconi Day

I was rather surprised to hear no Marconi Day Special Event Stations. There may have been some but I didn't copy any.

The exception was IY4FGM which I was able to QSO. Probably one of the most significant stations on the air Saturday. Of all the Special Events, certainly Marconi Day would be the most appropriate. Stations celebrating the birth of the hot-dog or hula-hoop don't compare.

Also worked W1AW/1 (NH), and W1AW/2 (NJ).

2 commentaires:

  1. Hi Dick, radio activity is also low here. But today I worked YO7AHK with QRP on 20 meter with 5 W . It's remarkable that CW is still in use and that because of Marconi. He did a great job. Have a nice Sunday. 73 Paul

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi Paul. If cw was ever outlawed on the amateur bands, I would be immediately QRT. That's a fact! Very windy day here, rattling the windows. Heavy showers. Good day to drink beer and read my Kindle. Barnaby on the tely later. 73 Dick

    RépondreSupprimer